Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"A Mustache Bash" Themed Baby Shower

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for . . .
 { okay, maybe it's just me! =) }
THE BABY SHOWER POST!
These fabulous ladies: Melissa, Amy, and Shenna helped put this together.
 
My bestie Britany, who blogs at 32 Turns, is having a baby in a couple weeks.
 Isn't she abso-freaking-lutely radiant?!
 
Since she's having a boy, we threw her A Mustache Bash.
See our collection of inspirational pics on our Pinterest Board.
 We put some sandwich boards out front to welcome the guests.
I tried to make them awesomely chalkboardy but it actually rained here in the Valley of the Sun and kind of messed them up. Typical, right?
 
We decorated with pom-poms, paper fans (tutorial here), and bowtie garlands.
(Amy, you're famous!)
  
 We found a backdrop picture on Pinterest  from Hostess with the Mostess and ran with it!
I covered cardboard with newspaper (nice & cheap!), Amy and Melissa attached the fans and prints I made.
 
Amy had our sweet friend Pica make an AMAZING cake.
Check her out at Picaflor Cakes. She's awesome!
Melissa did the edible centerpieces with Shenna's Candied Popcorn.
I whipped up my favorite Pasta Salad, with a bowtie twist.
 
We also dressed up the water bottles by removing their labels and replacing them with
some suh-WEET mustache duct tape that I found at Wal-Mart.
We finished them off by adding a "Wet Your Whiskers" label.
 
We originally planned to have it outside but, due to the unseasonal weather,
we had to cram it all indoors.
 
It was a bit tricky with crazy-high ceilings but it turned out just right,
including some Hanging Orbs (tutorial here).
 
We added a few tables on the patio but the guests there were blown right back inside!
Before we sent our guests off with a Popcorn Ball favor,
we had some fun with photo props that Shenna made using her Silhouette.
 It was so much to watch everyone playing!
 It turned out great and I think everyone had fun!
 Good Luck, Brit!
Can't wait to meet your Little Man.
Love you, girl. =)
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love you and love this post! You are the bestest friend I could ever ask for! I LOVE your guts and great job on my shower! It was AH-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came! I'll get your email address from Brit so I can send you the photos. =)

      Delete
  3. Wow you did a great job! Those photo props would be great for the new years too! That picture with the newspaper backdrop is from Hostess with the Mostess if you want to link back to it. Maybe your friend can use that same newspaper backdrop and dress her son up in dapperlad.com clothing and take pictures. Love this theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! Double thanks for being a super-sleuth for the backdrop pic. I'm so glad you stopped by! =)

      Delete