Monday, April 8, 2013

Lemon Lush Recipe

Hello Sweeties!
Today I wanted to share a twist on a family favorite: LUSH! I've heard it called other (less than tasteful) names but we've always called it "lush". Here's my spring-y variation:
 
Continue reading to get the recipe. =)

 
Cut together 1 cup margarine and 2 cups flour.
Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
LET IT COOL COMPLETELY!
 
 Mix together 1 cup powdered sugar**
1 8oz brick of cream cheese and 1 cup Cool Whip.
Spread onto COOLED crust.
 
Mix 2 small boxes of Jell-o instant lemon pudding**
 with 4 cups of cold milk. (for a tangier lemon flavor, add 2 Tbs of lemon juice.)
Spread onto previous layer.
 
Spread 3 cups of Cool Whip over the pudding layer.
Refrigerate. Add fresh strawberries for an added flavor kick.
 
Viola! ENJOY!!
NOTE: I put ** where you can do a variation on this recipe.
1] My husband and youngest son are diabetic to I substitute 1 cup of powdered sugar with 24 packets of Equal.
2] We usually use chocolate pudding, not lemon (I just saw the lemon and had to have it!). We've also tried it with pistachio pudding and, around the holidays, pumpkin spice pudding. We LOVE them all!
It's quick and easy and serves a bunch. Su-WEET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment