Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Family Recipe: Posse Stew

 I don't know about you, but when it's cold I love soup for dinner! It just makes me feel good.
There's been a cold spell here in Arizona and I decided to spill the beans (HA!) on a family recipe.
My mom has made this for years and it is ALWAYS a big hit! So, (don't tell my mom) here's what you need:
1 large can Ranch Style beans (It's the black can in the above photo. The right beans are crucial!)
2 cans white hominy (find it in the canned veggies aisle)
2 cans corn
1 large can DICED tomatoes
1can diced green chilies
1 pound ground beef
1/4 c chopped onion
salt & pepper to taste
Start by browning the ground beef. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped onion. Cook until done.

Next, open all the canned foods, DO NOT DRAIN any of them,
and dump them in your crock pot.
Add the meat, mix well, and cook for 6-8 hours.

ENJOY! 

It's even better the next day!
print it here
This is also one of my go-to meals when I'm taking dinner to someone else.
I recently took it to a friend who is a vegetarian so I simply left out the meat. Still a HUGE hit!
 
What's your favorite cold weather meal?

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you family loves this as much as mine does! Thanks for stopping by! =)

      Delete